Lares Trek 3 Days / 2 Nights to Machupicchu
This area is also known for the confection of hand made textiles, using techniques and tools inherited from ancestral times. A good example of living culture, The geography is spectacular and we will have the chance to see flora and fauna characteristic of each of the ecological levels mentioned above.
- duration : 3 days/2 nights
- distance : 23 km
- elevation :3,450 mts – 4,620 mts
- difficulty : moderate
Day 1: Cusco – Chanka chaka – Huakahuasi pata.
We leave from Cusco city early, taking the route which goes through Lares valley it’s about 4 hours to chanka chaka (3,450 mts / 11,380 ft), we begin our walk gradually up towards the Andean community huacahuasi (3,808mts /12,493 ft ) . After lunch and rest, we will continue our hike up to the huacahuasi pata (4,100 mts / 13,451ft), place where we will make our camp and will be able to see amazing view of the mountains.
- Meals: Breakfast – Lunch – Afternoon Tea Time – Dinner
- Accommodation: Camping
- Distance: 8 km / 4.9 miles
- Time: 6hrs approximately
- Difficulty: Moderate
Day 2: Huakahuasipata – Mantanay lake – Ollantaytambo – Aguas calientes pueblo
We leave our campsite and head towards the highest point Yana Orcco (4,620mts / 15,157ft) , which is characterized by the rearing of camelids and agriculture. Continuing our trek downhill through this narrow valley, we enjoy the path next to the mikiunuyuc River, a source of fish such as trout for the locals. We will walk towards the town of yanahuara ,Here we will take our private transport which will take to the town of Ollantaytambo, where we will board our train to Aguas calientes pueblo.
- Meals: Breakfast – Lunch – Afternoon Tea Time – Dinner
- Accommodation: Hotel
- Distance: 15 km / 9.3miles
- Time:8hrs approximately
- Difficulty: challenge
Day 3: Aguas calientes pueblo – Machupicchu – Cusco.
After having an early breakfast at your hotel, you will meet your guide and take the 25-minute bus ride up to Machu Picchu. You will have a 2-hours tour with your guide where you will see and learn about the most important sites in Machupicchu. After your tour, you will have some free time to explore the ruins on your own and take more pictures of this amazing place. When you are ready you can take the bus back down to Aguas Calientes, and in the afternoon you will take the train back to Cusco where we will pick you up from the train station and drop you off at your hotel in Cusco.
• Transportation from your hotel in Cusco to the start of the hike and back to your hotel at the end
• Tour guide fluent in English, Spanish and Quechua. Our guides are equipped and trained to practice First-Aid, administer oxygen if needed, and conduct radio communication.
• ( 2 guides for more than 8 people)
• Entrance tickets lares reserve zone
• Round trip train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes and from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and a transfer back to Cusco
• Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
• Entrance ticket to the Machu Picchu Archaeological Complex
• Private guided tour in Machu Picchu for 2 hours.
• Hotel with private bathroom, hot shower, wifi, storage and buffet breakfast included
• 4 person TENT and a THICK COMFORTABLE MATTRESS.
• Delicious meals during the trip .
• Chef and cooking equipment
• Horseman and mules, to carry all camping and personal equipment (7 kgs of your personal items such as extra clothes, sleeping bag will be carried by our mules)
• First-aid kit including emergency oxygen tank
• Boiled water to fill in your bottles
• Transfer back to Cusco only for our group
• Interaction with the local kids and community people
- Sleeping bag
- Tips for guide, chef, and porters
- Trekking Poles
- Lunch on the last day
What to Bring.
- Original passport and student ISIC card (if applicable)
- Sleeping bag (or you can rent one from us)
- A small day backpack to carry your personal belongings (the horses will carry the items that you do not need during the day)
- Bathing suit (if you would like to enjoy the hot springs in Aguas Calientes)
- Good sneakers or light hiking boots, and one pair of flip-flops or light sandals
- Camera and extra batteries
- Rain gear (especially if traveling in the wet season, from October to March)
- Comfortable hiking clothes
- Bug repellent
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Cap for the sun
- Warm clothes for the nighttime including thermals, warm hat, and gloves
- Travel towel
- Toilet paper
- Water bottle and about 1 liter of water for the first day until lunch, and after that we will supply you with boiled water for the rest of the hike
|Number of People You Book With||Price per Person in US Dollars||Discounts:|
* We need a minimum of 2 people to run the tour. We guarantee that your tour will be limited to a maximum of 8 people.
Huayna Picchu: If you are interested in climbing Huayna Picchu, the mountain overlooking Machu Picchu, there is an additional fee of $20 USD per person for us to buy your entrance ticket. Spaces are limited, so please let us know when booking whether you would like to hike Huayna Picchu, and we will reserve it for you.
Hotel Upgrade: Included in this tour is one night at a comfortable Hotel in Aguas Calientes. However, if you would like to upgrade to a 3, 4, or 5 star hotel, please just let us know what type of hotel you prefer and we can upgrade your accommodations.
Sleeping Bags: If you would like to rent a sleeping bag from us, the price is $25 USD per person in total for the hike.
Trekking Poles: We recommend taking trekking poles on the hike especially when hiking downhill. If you would like to rent a pair for the whole hike, the price is $20 USD per person.
Vistadome Train: Our price includes a return train ticket in the Expedition train from Aguas Calientes to Cusco, however, if you would like to upgrade to the Vistadome train the price is an additional $50 USD per person.
We only require a minimum of 2 people to start this hike, so if there are at least 2 people total in your group we can organize your hike for the start date that you choose. If you are traveling by yourself, please email us to check the availability and let us know the hike(s) you are interested in and the dates when you are available to start the hike.
To reserve your hike, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the hike you want to do, the date you want to start, and how many people are in your group. We will also need the following information for each traveler:
- Full name
- Passport number
- Date of birth
- Food restrictions (if any)
If you would like tickets to climb Huayna Picchu after your tour of Machu Picchu, we will reserve a ticket for you as long as there is availability.
After sending your personal information, the next step is for each person in your group to make a deposit of $200 USD to reserve your hike. To make your deposit, please pay through our Paypal account visiting our Book Now page. To receive the student discount, you must send an email at the time you reserve your spot with a scan of both sides of your student ISIC card. This is the only student card accepted by the National Park and you can find more information about this student ID on the ISIC website here. The remaining balance is due in Cusco. You may pay in cash (either in US dollars or Peruvian soles) at your briefing.