Rainbow Mountain trek 3 Days / 2 nights
Rainbow Mountain 3 days hike have spectacular views of the mountains, small rivers, llamas,alpacas, vicuñas and authentic andean life with quechuas people.
- Duration: 3D/2N
- Starting altitude: 3,205 meters / 12,139 ft
- Maximum altitude: 4,200 meters /13,779 ft
- Distance trekked: 40 km/24.1557miles
- Elevation: 4200mts /13.2335feet – 5200m/17.000 feet
- Difficulty: moderate
Rainbow Mountain 3 Days
Day1: Cusco – upis – Pukacocha
We leave from Cusco early at 6:30 am by car to tinke village. From here start our hike to Upis (4400 m.s.n.m) Then we cross the arapa pass to arrive at our camp pukacocha, where there is full of Andean flora and fauna ecosystem like llamas, alpacas, and vicuñas.
Day2: Pukacocha – Apachita – Ananta
We have early breakfast with the sun, to continue our walk. Climb a slope to reach apachita Pass, from here we can see the true panoramic view of Ausangate. Then we will go down a path that is an awesome route, and reach to Ananta here we see the magnificent red hill, called by having stains that were made of stone sediments arsenic. We will do our night camp 2. (Lunch and dinner).
Day3: Ananta – Rainbow Mountain – Cusco
Today is the day you have been waiting for. We will wake you up at 04:00am then we start with first uphill until ananta pass(15,090ft-4500m-14,000feet)from where, you see this amazing Rainbow Mountain in the distance , And when we get to this place enjoy as much as possible. On our last day we will go downhill to the Qesuno village and get back to Cusco where you will be dropped off at your hotel.
- Transport to the start of the hike and back to your hotel at the end of trek
- A pre trek briefing.
- Entrance to the Ausangate park
- Entrance to the rainbow mountain
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English)
- High quality camping equipment (professional tents for two persons)
- Mattresses, eating tent with table and chairs, bathroom tent).
- Meals during the excursion (Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks/option vegetarian)
- Cook and cooking equipment
- Horseman and mules, for all our camping equipment and personal luggage (Up to 8 kg.)
- Emergency horse (for minimal 2 persons)
- 6 kilograms of your personal belonging
- First-aid kit and oxygen bottle
- Sleeping bags (can be rented from us)
- Trekking poles (can be rented from us).
- Tip for guide, cooks, and horseman.
• Original Passport
• Light day pack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trek
• Rain gear (jacket and pants if available) or rain poncho.
• Strong footwear, waterproof trekking boots recommended. Extra socks are a must.
• Sandals or plastic slip on thongs.
• Warm clothes, including jacket, fleeces, gloves, scarf and beanie/touk. Thermal
• Clothing is also recommended, especially for sleeping.
• Sleeping bag
• Torch/ Flashlight and extra batteries
• Camera, films and batteries (batteries consume more quickly under cold conditions)
• Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, rain and cold
• Sun block
• Hydrating cream for face and body
• Toilet paper, pack in & pack out
• Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, raw fruits, muesli, etc.
• Water sterilizing tablets in case you collect water from streams.
• Your own medical kit with any special medications
• Small towel or sarong
|Number of People You Book With||Price per Person in US Dollars|
* We need a minimum of 2 people to run the tour. We guarantee that your tour will be limited to a maximum of 8 people.
Trekking Poles: If you would like to rent trekking poles, the cost is $20 USD for a pair.
Sleeping bags : $20 USD for each one.
The Rainbow Mountain does not require permits, there is always availability. We only require a minimum of 2 people to start this hike, so if there are at least 2 people total in your group we can organize your hike for the start date that you choose.
To reserve your hike, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the hike you want to do, the date you want to start, and how many people are in your group. We will also need the following information for each traveler:
- Full name
- Passport number
- Date of birth
- Food restrictions (if any)
After sending your personal information, the next step is for each person in your group to make a deposit of $200 USD to reserve your hike. To make your deposit, please pay through our Paypal account by clicking Book Now page. The remaining balance is due in Cusco. You may pay in cash (either in US dollars or Peruvian soles) at your briefing.